Activewear label THE UPSIDE has asked me to create some recipes for them and I’m pumped that my first one is such a winner.
I find they’re best kept in the fridge, but honestly, I doubt they’ll last long enough for you to find the stray lid from that old Chinese takeaway container you were going to put them in.
First things first: whack this on. Today is all about guilty pleasures.
- 4 cups mixed raw nuts (I used almonds, Brazil, cashews + pistachios)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- ½ tsp fine Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp cacao (plus more for rolling)
Add all the ingredients to a blender and whizz until sticky and coarsely chopped.
Scoop out with a soup spoon and form compact little balls. If the mixture feels a bit dry, add a few teaspoons of water to the mixture. If it feels too wet, add some more cacao or coconut.
Roll the balls in the extra cacao or coconut.